Scrub, scrape, paint
Spent a day working my backside off on Nervous Tension yesterday. The plan had been to spend the weekend down there, but my feeble office-job arms can’t take the pressure and I made more progress than anticipated so I headed home for a well earned bath.
- Crud scraped off the keel and two coats of zinc primer applied
- The last of the barnacles scraped off the hull and scrubbed the waterline
- Removed any flaking paint from the topsides and dug out any soft wood behind
- Roughly filled and faired topsides, then a good coat of undercoat (as a guide coat more than anything)
- Removed loose paint from the deck and applied half a coat of aluminium primer (at which time I ran out of both paint and daylight)